Hi my name is Suzanne Noble I’m the co-founder of nestful, a marketplace connecting those seeking affordable accommodation with seniors aged 50+ with rooms to spare.
The problem that we are solving is that many older homeowners, want to remain in their homes, within the communities they know and love, but are unable to afford the maintenance charges. It is estimated that in the UK alone there are 6m homes with at least 2 or more empty bedrooms owned by those aged 50 or above.
Meanwhile thousands, both young and old, have been priced out of the housing market and are seeking somewhere affordable in which to live. This is especially true for students, keyworkers such as nurses and teachers and temporary workers.
Our solution is to offer a trusted platform where homeowners and renters can connect featuring anonymised messaging, a built in lodging contract and easy enough for someone with even the most limited technical ability to use.
Our vision is to contribute to solving the housing crisis, one room at a time.
Our missions are:
1. To create harmonious households
2. To enable older people to be able to age in place
To achieve these, we will have to:
1. Always considering our impact and how we can help both sides of our marketplace
2. Continue to test and refine our product offering
3. Offer superior customer service
Our value propositions are:
1. Provide homeowners with a passive recurring revenue stream
2. Provide homeowners and renters with superior offering compared to our competition
3. Create a strong referral network
Our revenue streams are:
1. Introduction fee of 15% of the first month’s rent
2. Ongoing subscription model to manage rental payments, insurance and added value services for a monthly fee